Friday, December 2, 2011

Restaurant Review: Yard House

A little change up here. Had a chance to preview a new restaurant in Fresno: The Yard House. Located at River Park, it officially opens Sunday, December 4. I had a chance to check it out Friday as part of a media preview pre-opening event.

The Yard House, the latest national chain to invade Fresno, offers a variety of American, Asian and Italian inspired dishes. Most appetizers, salads and sandwiches go for $10-15. Steak, seafood and ribs are in the $20-25 range.

It was a crowded event, but my family and I found a table outside. It was cool, but comforatable with the heaters and a jacket. Servers went around table to table with food samplers.

I must say that everything tasted great. The hamburger/cheeseburgers were very moist, juicy and meaty, made of "natural beef."

Other highlights included the margherita pizza, moo goo egg rolls, penne pasta (although my wife thought it a bit spicy), grilled sweet Korean BBQ beef (sweet & spicy).

Yard House also features many beers and spirits. I tried the Black & Tan, as well as a Cool Mint Martini. I recommend both.

I was impressed by the food and excellent service. No glitches, everything ready to go. The only knock is that inside seating seemed real dark and crowded. I guess it is good if you are out on a date, but tough if you are with your family.

The restaurant had plenty of big screens with sports on. The speakers were also playing adult contemporary music. The music was loud, but not loud enough to drown out any conversation.

Thanks to manager Tim Dolan for the invite.

No comments:

Post a Comment